Take a Trip to the Moon…in Your Bathtub!
The original idea for this bath comes from Ntozake Shange in her 1982 book Sassafrass, Cypress & Indigo. It calls on our imagination in a playful way and will relax stressed out tendons & fascia (that web of tissue that covers and links all our muscles, bones & organs).
- A flower
- Two candles - white tea lights work well
- A smooth stone (or shell)
- Inexpensive wine or Epsom salts
- Some cinnamon
- Something that belonged to your mother
– or another woman in your family
- A compass
- or pay attention - sunrise (East) or sunset (West)
1. Clean your bathtub.
2. Set your intention to travel moonward – to connect
your body with the Moon.
3. Light one candle and place it in the direction of your
mother’s place of birth.
4. Light the other candle and place it in the direction of
your own place of birth.
5. Fill the tub with water and put in several cups of
wine or Epsom salts.
6. Sprinkle the water with some cinnamon.
7. Float your flower in the water.
1. Get in the water.
2. Hold the smooth stone in your right hand.
3. Hold the flower in your left hand.
4. Place both hands over your heart.
5. Close your eyes
6. Visualize flushing all your worries and resentments
down the toilet.
7. Feel yourself get lighter and lighter.
8. Become aware of the moon’s pull on the water in
the tub and the water in your cells.
You are on your way….!
Find the original directions from Ntozake Shange in the first five pages of Sassafrass, Cypress & Indigo.
Eat Sunshine & Stardust
When you finish your bath you might want to top it off with some kale chips. Green plants eat sunshine and stardust (all the minerals created by the Big Bang) so when you green plants then so do you! Have fun!
Recipe available on the Recipes page
PLAY reduces stress and the effects of stress on our bodies. Stress causes inflammation and research points to inflammation as the root cause of most chronic health issues facing us from autism to AlZheimers. Play has no purpose or motive other than itself so…
Play with Your Food
Memphis, TN - October 26-27, 2018
Hamden, CT - November 30-December 1, 2018
Naperville/Aurora, IL - March 15-16,2019
Sustainable Health: Simple Habits to Transform Your Life